Thursday, March 25, 2010

lunch, car wreck and two hours later.

So, Tuesday after I got off work and head to class, things were okay. I was skeptical about theater class, but Literature picked up my spirits. Afterward, a few of my friends wanted to go to this Italian eatery, Very's. It was amazing, really I wanted to just live there because the food is so yummy. Eventually I got finished and said my goodbyes and went to go home because I was tired.

As soon as I got into the median, looked over my shoulder to merge into the right lane, some douchebag swerves and hits me. Immediately, I put my car in park (since I already had the brakes on), called my mom, took pictures of the car. This is the result:

I was merging and the jackass swerved into me on my drivers side!
My poor baby...

Now, the EMS and firetruck got there within ten minutes. The cops? Didn't show till two hours later, yeah, you read it. TWO HOURS.

And to add insult to injurt the bastard that hit me said I "pulled out in front of him." Which is a damn lie. I WAS ALREADY IN THE MEDIAN.

Said douchebag, came to my car and told my mother and myself, "He's going to write you a ticket and ask you to show for court, and I'm not gonna go. Just go and get it lowered."
WHAT NERVE.

The cop wrote me a ticket for failing to yield the right of way, and I asked him why. He says, "I highly doubt that he would swerve into you and hit you." BULL SHIT. If you focus on something in the road, you tend to drive towards it. That's why when you're driving some teachers tell you to focus on the middle of the road, so that way you don't drift.

Thousands of tears later, I told the policeman that the guy said he wasn't even going to show. And by doing and saying that, it admits guilt. I even explained physics and geometry to the man, to no avail.

My step father looked at the pictures, and said we were taking it to court and getting it dropped because if I was in the median already at a STOP, then it's not my fault. Unless I had been hit on the passenger side because I was merging, which didn't happen. 

Really, it was a bad day. I was so shocked and nervous. Went into work later that night and was very sore. Still am, had a splitting headache all day because when the guy hit me, my face hit the steering wheel. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased.

My boyfriend came by earlier this morning when I decided I wasn't going to my computer class, and let me sleep on him for about half an hour, before he tucked me into bed. :D I didn't really remember it when I woke up, which isn't that good. I have a doctors appointment set up for next week, so hopefully, I don't really have any damage - that it's just nerves. 

Anywho, mark your calendars people because come April 27th, I'll be going to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment